Monday, August 6, 2012

One more Iowa post...

Yes, I'm a little behind on blogging---but you can thank my two busy boys for that!  They are just SO full of energy from the moment they wake up until bedtime.  And we have phased out Aiden's afternoon nap---which means less free time for Mom, but a much smoother bed time, so I will take it:) 

We LOVED going to see Chris' aunt and uncle at their lake house this year!  This is the first time my kids have been near a lake---crazy right?  We have done pools and oceans, but no lakes yet.

At first, all they wanted to do was play with the awesome toys that Uncle Jerry and Aunt Julie have at their house for their grandkids:
Finally, I coaxed Aiden to hang out on the lake with me...
And Uncle Nate joined us (while Chris had a work phone conference to do!)
Aiden LOVEd running on this mat...
And we played a little squirt guns...
Then Chris finally came out and took his boy out on the paddleboat...
And Chris' mom and I headed out to do a little kayaking...
We took a nice pontoon boat ride before setting ourselves down for a nice evening meal...

We had SO much fun at the lake!  What a great day!


No comments: