Sunday, June 22, 2014

Beach Trip #1 of Summer:)

We all know that I am a HUGE fan of the beach.  One of the things that we love most about the East Coast is our easy access to the ocean!  A couple weeks ago, Courtney and I reunited with the kids back up at the New Jersey coast at her aunt's beach house.

Although it was awfully COLD part of the time, we still had lots of fun.  We climbed a lighthouse, had a nice breakfast out, watched movies, went to the park, played on the beach, & survived life with five kids and the two of us.  Abby managed to get sick while we were there---I was thinking it was some major teething since she is 15 months AND finally getting her first teeth but once Andrew caught a fever the morning we were heading out, I knew it wasn't just teething.  Thankfully, it was a viral bug & didn't last long once we arrived home.  It was a fun week with our long lost friends and hopefully we get to see them soon!  

Here's just a glimpse into some of the pictures.  A lot are on my iPhone and I haven't managed to download them yet.  It's been a BUSY summer so far.  We arrived home from NJ, welcomed Grandma Rogers for a very short visit while she was out in DC working.  Then had a crazy packed week last week before heading to NC on Friday to visit my mom, grandma, sister & her kids!  It's been a WILD weekend & we return back tomorrow before flying out to Iowa for 2 WEEKS!  

I really should be sleeping but I'm savoring my only quiet moments of this trip to share some pictures with you!









No comments: