Friday, January 15, 2016

Hello Prague!

We headed off to Prague in mid-October.  Chris's job throws a big meeting/celebration for all new partners & this was an once in a lifetime opportunity!  Every year, they pick somewhere new to go.  When we found out it was Prague, we were determined to go & this was before Andy even had his wedding planned.  Once the day arrived to head out to Prague, I can admit I was so not ready to go.  After just traveling to Miami & Hawaii, I was a little anxious to leave the kids again and they were also a bit anxious for us to go as well.  But, I knew they were in great hands (aka: my mom!) & we said our good-byes with lots of tears & an Uber driver watching us saying our final good-byes!

After a very long flight to Vienna & a short, but sketchy, flight to Prague, we arrived!  
And what a beautiful city it is...

Chris was in meetings half the week, so thankfully I had this sweet friend to be my buddy in crime in another country with another language and us not knowing one thing about Prague!  Mendy & I moved to DC at the same time when both of our husbands had taken a fellowship with the SEC.  After doing their two year fellowships, both of our husbands are back to their old company here in DC.  It was so nice to have a partner in crime to explore the city & we had a blast!

We saw lots of things in Prague & I would say it's kind of a small big city.  You can really manage to see a lot in one day & we did a lot of sight seeing just by foot with our little handy travel book!  This is the Old Town clock:
 The pretty streets of Prague...
 John Lennon Wall...
 Prague Castle.  AMAZING.  
 Prague Old Town from the clock tower plaza at night

Mendy & I took a half day tour of the Prague Castle.  Again, AMAZING. 


I love the old city streets & character of this part of the world!
 We spent about three days in Prague.  Chris was mostly in meetings & dinner celebrations, while Mendy & I explored the town like crazy!  We had about 36 hours of free time once Chris was done before flying back home.  Chris and I decided to use our time to explore another European city, Vienna.  We took a train to Vienna, Austria & enjoyed a full day there before flying home.  Since we only had 24 hours by the time we arrived, we did a full day of a bus tour of Vienna before trying a little wiener schnitzel & doing a little shopping before our big flight home.





I have tons more pictures, but they are all on Chris' phone so I am not sure when I will ever get myself to downloading them.  We had a wonderful trip & I am thankful for this once in a life time opportunity because I am not sure when I will ever get back to that part of the world.  It's a great celebration for Chris as he embarks on a new step in his career & I am thankful to celebrate with him.  I missed my kids like Grandma, but hats off to one amazing woman.  She managed to take care of all three kids all by herself for the week.  All the school shuttling, homework, meals, dishes, laundry, everything was successfully completed with only one call to poison control :)  I missed the kids like crazy & one of my favorite moments from the whole trip was at the airport when I finally could squeeze my kids again!

1 comment:

Beyond the Sunrise said...

Great photos ... Guess I need a trip to Prague!