Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Hello January 2016...

It's been awhile.  Yes, almost a whole year.  I know that there is no way that I can keep up with blogging as regular as I used to.  Three kids (soon to be four) & a husband that works quite a bit means that I am "on" most of the day and night.  There isn't a lot of time for more.  But I am trying to spend some of my Christmas holiday cleaning through photos and realized that I still need to document these years because they are flying by too fast.  So as I clean through the photos from 2016, I am going to try and share these everyday moments from the past year.  It may take awhile until I get through this process, especially with another baby bound to join our house anytime, but I am committed to keeping this updated.  Honestly, for our own memories more than anything else.  So let's start with January 2016...

As I look back through January 2016, I realized that it was a welcome calm from the busy holidays.  We spent a lot of time at home, hunkered down spending time together as a family.  January is an interesting month because we welcome the start to a new year with open arms.  We are thankful for a quiet & simplified start to the new year.  Our schedule is less cluttered with activities, making for a more simple start to the new year.  But January also marks the busy time of year for Chris. This is the start to busy season.  A time where he works long hours & long days.  It's something, after ten years, that we are used to but it always puts a slight strain on our family as we hunker down for the winter with Chris keeping a steady rhythm at work.  During this busy season, there are definitely some nights of "survival" where we end up eating macaroni and cheese from the box or chicken nuggets with a side of mandarin oranges, for our healthy side dish.  

But as I look back at these photos, I realize that it's okay.  The kids, despite the busy rhythm that exists in January, are still happy.  They are full of life & embrace this season where we are home, together soaking up the long winter days.











And when we have Chris around during this busy season of life, it makes everyone just a little happier!

No comments: