Friday, August 8, 2008

NYC as a tourist!

So Chris and I were lucky to have his cousin and wife, Dan and Kristen, come visit from Miami!  We had a fabulous time with them last weekend.  Although Fairfield is a great place to visit, there is only so much you can do with visitors!  So we took the train into the city and actually stayed in a hotel for two nights in true tourist style.  We did all the great tourist things that we never did when we lived so, so close to the city.  We took a Circle Line boat tour, went to the MOMA, took a NBC studio tour, and the best thing about it-had some AWESOME food.  One thing that I forgot about the city is how much walking you do.  Kristen and I both wore the flattest, most uncomfortable sandals that they make and ouch, did our feet hurt?  But we survived and had a great time!  It was great to see the two of them and we hope to see them again soon!
Dan and Chris before Circle Line

Matt Lauer and I before our NBC studio tour.  This is close as I got to him-it's a cardboard cutout.
Dan and Kristen in the ultimate tourist spot-got to love Times Square!
Kristen and I ready for our boat ride!
NYC
Our old Jersey City home!






No comments: