Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What a FABULOUS change...


Aiden Rogers has arrived!
Isn't he adorable??
Chris, Aiden, and I enjoying our hospital stay:)
Aiden in his going home outfit-getting ready to go!
On our way home from the hospital in a snowstorm-we made it safely!  Aiden enjoys the car seat so far-it's a great place to fall asleep.  As you can see Aiden is swimming in the 0-3 month coat!!




What a change the past five days have been-and we are loving every bit of it!  I am a bit behind on our blog entries but will catch up eventually.  After our last blog entry, I thought I would give a little more about information about the arrival of little Aiden Rogers!

Back to Thursday afternoon:  Officially four days overdue, I thought for sure that I was going to be a pregnant woman forever!  I was trying to be patient and trust that little Rogers will make his appearance when he was ready, but we were SOO anxious to meet him.  I went into my doctor's appointment expecting to hear there was no progress-and I was correct!  But, after looking at the ultrasound, the doctor said that there was very little amniotic fluid surrouding the baby, a condition called oligohydramnios.  So I was off to the hospital immediately to begin the induction process with a bit of gel to help things along.  We were scheduled to return back Friday morning with another round of gel and some pitocin to begin a complete induction.  We returned home and decided to enjoy ONE last dinner out before the big day!  After coming back from dinner out together, I started feeling these strange pains-hmm...could these be contractions?  So what do you think I do-call my mom at 11:30 at night for some advice.  Of course living five states away, she thought they may be contractions but recommended that if they get worse, then head back to the hospital.  Finally, at like 2 pm, Chris and I are off to the hospital (Chris had predicted that we would be heading there in the middle of the night interfering with his sleep that he loves!).  

We headed off to a labor and delivery room where the nurse determined that I was in early labor.  To help me sleep for a bit, she gave me some morphine and would check the progress through the night.  I woke up at 5 am with strong contractions and labor took off from there.  After a very painful and long morning, Aiden Rogers arrived at 1:16 p.m!!  He was determined healthy and cute as can be:)  While we were at the hospital, Connecticut was in a huge snowstorm which we enjoyed through the comfort of the hospital windows-so lucky Aiden was born with snow on the ground and Christmas less than a week away.  

We were in the hospital until Sunday morning, when we got to head home with little Aiden.  Of course, I was so anxious to head home on our own.  Thankfully, the nurses were so kind and helpful and answered my billion questions that I had before we were on the way home.  With a little help from the nurse, Aiden was in his car seat and we were off on our first car ride back to Fairfield!  Chris did a fabulous job making it home safe and sound through the awful weather and super crazy Northeast drivers.  

So I have lots more to share, but will post more details, pictures, and videos about life at home soon so check back tomorrow!  I am off to be with little Aiden:)

2 comments:

loveoflearning said...

I love my little nephew!!! He is sooooo cute!

Unknown said...

congrats, julie! he's adorable.