Sunday, May 3, 2009

The baby that never stops moving...

So we have one VERY energetic baby on our hands...he doesn't stop moving!!  Since I have known Chris, I have always run him ragged with my active lifestyle.  For me, I like to make the most out of my weekends by doing things-going places, exercising, seeing people, etc.  Rarely, you will find me parked in front of the television for a long period of time or just laying around.  Well, I have finally met my match in our son, Aiden.  Chris says it is payback for all of the years that I have run him around like crazy.  Aiden never stops moving-his arms are thrashing and his legs continually kick!  And now we have the king of rolling-he never stops rolling over now that he has mastered this milestone.  So our days are full of entertaining our little boy and fighting him to take short-lived naps!  
So by the time we roll into bed, Chris and I are exhausted!  A couple weeks ago, we could enjoy six or seven hours before Aiden woke up for his nighttime feeding.  But, we have hit a SLEEP REGRESSION and it is wearing his mama out!!!  Seriously, as soon as I fall into a deep slumber about 11:00...I am woken up by the sounds of Aiden's loud cries.  So I trudge off to his room and stick the pacifier in hoping that it will keep him asleep for a couple more hours.  Nope, not so much!  After a few more times of doing this, I feed him and put him back down just hoping that he won't wake up again until morning.  About three or four in the morning, we go through the same process all over again!  Finally, he gets back to sleep only to be waking up with lots of smiles and cooing for the day around 6 or 7 right as his daddy heads to work:)  And the day begins all over again with an active, but exhausted mama taking care of her one spirited, energetic Aiden!
As I am typing this, Aiden is falling asleep in the swing so I better go get in the shower QUICK!
Rico Suave Aiden:)
Aiden loves the doggies-BIG smiles for Cobi and Sheffield!
Wow, Aiden LOVES to roll over:)
Starting to figure out the exersaucer!
So cute!
Cuddly Aiden after bathtime!
Starting to fight the swaddle-must be some Cubs strength he has!

Hi Mama!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie,
4:55am! But he's so cute!

Beyond the Sunrise said...

2nd photo...Sheffield looks like he has grown to be the size of an St. Bernard!

Anonymous said...

what a gem!