Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Life Update...

So life has been keeping us very busy in the Rogers household:)

First, we have the growing baby boy inside...finally, I have taken a belly shot at 25 weeks! All seems to be going well and with everything that is going on in our lives, I have to be thankful for a pretty easy pregnancy. I have felt great...trying to work out as much as time allows, trying to eat relatively healthy, but definitely would love a few more hours of sleep! I'm exhausted by the end of the day! We are very excited for our new addition-now we just have to think of a name????
Second, this very active toddler is keeping me busy, busy, busy! Our days are filled with lots of playing, meeting up with friends, heading to the park, enjoying the outdoors, and a few moments of naptime. He is SO much fun-I love spending my days with him. He is starting to play really well independently and will often be found around the house with one of the following items: an old pink cell phone, an Elmo cell phone, his computer, his boots, a miniature yellow bus, a little toy steering wheel, or a piece of trash! Often, he is trying to carry all the items in his hands, even when we head for a walk with the puppies:) He is happy, funny, and energetic all wrapped up into a very petite toddler body!
Third, for those who haven't heard yet, we are moving in September to New Jersey (if all goes as planned and let's just hope it does!). We are in the process of buying our first house in NJ, which will cut Chris' current commute in over half-YEAH!!!!! It is a 3 bedroom house which is perfect for our growing family and the most exciting part, a FENCED IN BACKYARD! I can't even tell you how excited I am to let my little boys and doggies run free in the yard. Chris will be also be able to walk to the NJ trains, which will make his commute even better. We are very excited about our new adventure, although we aren't really sure what we are getting ourselves into. So we have been busy the past week cleaning out our house and joined up with a friend and ran a not so profitable yard sale, but did give a hefty donation to Big Brothers/Big Sisters! Even Aiden has gotten excited about moving as you can see below, he has already started packing! Thankfully, Chris' company takes care of the moving process so I don't have to worry about packing and moving at the beginning of my third trimester. One less stress that I don't have to worry about!
And so, in the end, I enjoy my few quiet moments of "me" time while Daddy is around, especially on the weekends. This weekend, I enjoyed lunch out with some friends and got a short Sunday afternoon nap in. It was fantastic! And the boys have just as much fun when I'm not around, as you can see:

2 comments:

Beyond the Sunrise said...

Great -- You will be two hours and potentially minus one big traffic jam closer to the rest of us (except for Jen and Paul)!\\

.

Unknown said...

Looking good Julie! We are anxious to get out there and see you guys and help get you moved into that new house. Won't be long.