Sunday, June 5, 2011

The BIG Apple:)

So the Ruff sisters took on a BRAVE adventure this weekend: 5 kids under 2 1/2 in NYC with just the three of us:):) It was fun, wild, and maybe a little crazy.
The adventure started on Friday when Jill and Jackson arrived at our house in the morning. We quickly loaded up the van and had Chris drop us off at my sister Jen's house in the Bronx. Her husband, Paul, was out of town so it was the three sisters and all five kids in their two bedroom apartment.
After a lunch of delicious cucumber sandwiches and a quick nap, we headed to a park near their house. Aiden and Jackson LOVED the wooden train at the park while Clementine ran all over the place. The baby boys, Andrew and Tal, hung out in the Baby Bjorns most of the time:) We fed the kids, watched a movie, and all crashed into bed.
I shared a room with the boys. We all started respectively in our own beds: Andrew in Tal's crib, Aiden in the pack and play, and I was on an air mattress. After Andrew woke up to feed in the middle of the night, I ended up sharing my fabulous air mattress with both boys! But they did better then I thought they would and we woke up feeling somewhat refreshed!!!
In the morning, we had some breakfast and prepped the kids for their big trip to the city. Aiden was SO excited to ride the subway train into the city-that's all that he could talk about. Before we left, we predicted the number of meltdowns each would have:) I predicted three and lo and behold, I should have guessed more because my kiddos had their share of wildness during the day!
But we enjoyed a fabulous lunch at Shake Shack, some shopping at Union Square, and some delicious Crumbs cupcakes before we headed back to the Bronx. As much as I would have loved to stay another day, we headed back to NJ before my boys entered major meltdown territory!
Thanks to Jen, Clem, Tal, Jill, and Jack for a wonderful weekend!!!!!
Tal and Andrew, the babies, with Aunt Jen
Clemmie loves to test out the baby things (Just like big brother Aiden does at our house!)
Aiden at the "train" park
Jack driving the choo-choo
Clem doing some sidewalk chalk
Cousins Jack and Aiden
My little Jersey Andrew!

Amidst the chaos, I am sad that I did not take ANY pictures while in Manhattan and I have NO pictures of the three kids this time. I guess we will have to do that next time...

1 comment:

Andy said...

Great photos! Aiden looks so old and Jack is a great train conductor!