Monday, July 22, 2013

Good-bye Cranford!

So after a very stressful house sale, we finally said good-bye to our lovely town of Cranford, New Jersey.  I dragged my feet moving to New Jersey (trust me, any of my Connecticut friends can attest to this fact), but there is a little piece of me that will always stay in the state of New Jersey.  Some great friends, an amazing town, and a fun place to raise our little ones.

Our movers packed and packed and packed and packed.  They were super friendly and fast---just what this family needed.  I'm a little Type A about organization, but I just let it all go this time around and trusted the men who knew what they were doing.  


We said our final farewell on a Friday morning as we headed south with our final last stop at our favorite "sanity saver" coffee shop, Rockn Joe's.  

Our VERY full car headed south with all of our baby goods, toddler items, and last minute items that didn't make it into the moving boxes that would keep us alive until we moved into our new house a month from now.  See below (and remember there are two dogs in this car too!!!!)  You can't see the dark circles under my eyes (they may have become permanent now) after a full week of packing, saying good-byes, an oil tank chaos (see post below), cleaning, and more all with these three kids all on our own.  

It was quite an interesting drive with all three kids, but we finally pulled into my mom's driveway that evening with some very excited kids, dogs, and parents!  It was time for a week of vacation before Chris headed to DC while I held down the fort at my mom's house for two weeks on my own!  What a start to summer...



 Good bye Cranford, the Rogers family will miss ya!


No comments: