Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Call Me A Sick Day...

There's only one thing worse than being sick...


Being sick as a full-time stay at home mom.  Try chasing these three wild children when your body doesn't feel like leaving the couch, you can hardly think straight, and your head feels like it is going to explode.  

That's how our week has been.  Let's just say that my kids have mastered the art of "free play" while I am trying to "rest" in this house of no rest.

January, the first month of every year, is never my favorite month.  I know new year, new attitude.  But remember I am married to an accountant whose busy season happens to kick off January 1st.  Now that Chris is in the fellowship for the next couple years, we have said "good-bye" to busy seasons but hello to "busy work" all year long!  But I am thankful that he does arrive home by bedtime most nights to get the two older rugrats asleep while I nurse Abby down to bed.

But back to January, this year.  I was anxiously awaiting the kids to head back to school just so I could have 2.2 seconds to think straight again.  Well, of course, the extreme cold hit the country including the DC area and two out of the four days of school last week, our first week back, were cancelled.  But we survived our long days inside thanks to our new bounce house from G and G Rogers, my new beloved gym membership (with child care), and lots of again "free play"!  All weekend long, I was looking forward now to this week, a full week of school for the kids.  (Which again doesn't add up to too much since Aiden only goes 4 afternoons a week and Andrew goes 2 afternoons, but I will take what I can get!).  A few minutes to catch up on some household tasks, work on a few much-needed tasks at The Chirping Moms, and maybe even sneak in some actual free time!  But then, what do you know, but I am struck with the flu.  The only one in my house who has it, as of now, and it has lasted all week long.  I have taken any moment of downtime to sit on my couch and do absolutely nothing but try to ease the aches and pains away.  Seriously.  

So yes, I always love a new year.  But seriously spring, can't you please come soon enough?!?!  We need some good health, some major outdoor play time, and some bright sunshine beaming in our windows.  

No comments: