Thursday, November 19, 2015

A Quick Getaway to Miami

School started & life didn't slow down for us, it just picked up!  The second week of school, Chris and I headed to Miami for a big work meeting for him (and the wives).  This is a super rare opportunity where the company has spouses involved & are strongly encouraged to attend.  Thankfully, my mom is retired this year and was willing to watch our crazy kids while we headed south!  Destination...the super glitzed & gaudy Trump Doral in Miami.
 

There was a full two day of meetings (where the spouses actually attend most meetings and/or events) and not a lot of time for rest!  I kind of felt like I was back in "work" mode with waking up early for work breakfasts & sitting through meetings in "business casual" attire.  Although it wasn't a true vacation, we enjoyed some kid-free hours & even had some fun.  Doesn't this gala picture remind you of our prom picture about fifteen years ago?!

The last day, everybody that was attending got to pick a fun excursion to go on:  Segway tours, catamaran rides, golfing, & more.  I was super excited for our pick:  riding on an airboat through the Everglades.  A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

I loved every minute.  We also took a tour & learned more about this beautiful place and saw lots of alligators.  And even held them...

I chose to hold the tiniest alligator... (no way, am I holding anything bigger!)

Thankfully, we had one last day in Miami to do nothing before we returned home.  We sat by the pool, enjoyed the beautiful sunshine, & got one last date night in before returning home to our sweet crew!

Good-bye Miami!



No comments: