Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Another Peek at 36 Weeks!


Chris and I went in for the 36 week appointment yesterday morning and will continue going every week until the end.  I asked the doctor about my size as it seems like every person I encounter comments on how small I am for being nine months pregnant.  He agreed that I was small, but considering the size of Chris and I, he wasn't surprised.  Just for precautionary measures, he scheduled an ultrasound following our appointment to check baby Rogers' measurements which will allow the doctors to establish a baseline for the rest of pregnancy to make sure the little one is continuing to grow.  Of course, I was anxious as I sat in the waiting room hoping to hear my name being called soon!  Finally, we were called in for the ultrasound.  The technician did all of the measurements, which allowed us another peek at little Rogers-he was SOO cute!  (The picture is a shot of his face-although it's so blurry compared to what we got to see.)  It's amazing how detailed the ultrasound gets and how much he has grown since 20 weeks:)  He is measuring in the 30th percentile, which is smaller than average, but she didn't think it was abnormal for our baby.  She estimated the weight right now being at 5 pounds, 9 ounces-although this is a rough estimate.  So hopefully he continues to grow as the arrival date gets closer and closer.  Chris and I are predicting that our little one will be a late baby and arrive here after December 14th, but I would love to see his little face soon!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that he looks at little bit like Chris in this picture.