Sunday, August 2, 2009

We Are Back!

After a long break from blogging due to vacation, we have returned!  We arrived back a couple days ago from our very long, but fun, 3 weeks of vacation:)  Although we had a great time on our travels, I don't think that you will be seeing me again take a baby for three weeks of adventuring around the country.  If you have ever tried it, you know what I mean!
We had a great time in Iowa enjoying good company and summer relaxation.  Our trip in Iowa started with a visit to Iowa City, our old stomping ground, to have lunch at the Vine with Uncle Jason.  Once we arrived in Cedar Falls, we enjoyed lots of relaxation and family time.  Aiden charmed his grandparents with his smiles and activity level.  We also were lucky that Uncle Nate came to visit for a few days and had another brief visit from Uncle Jason.  Grandma and Grandpa Rogers enjoyed their time with Aiden:  playing around the house, pushing him in their cozy coupe, going to the park, and attempting baths in the big tub!
We enjoyed seeing some of my very good friends while we were back in Iowa.  Our first visit was to see my friend Jill and her cute baby girl Anna.  The babies enjoyed playing with Tupperware while the mamas caught up on life.  Our second visit was to see my friend Ashley and her three year old Jonathan.  I forgot my camera battery, so I don't have any pictures...but again I love spending time with them and I can't wait to meet her baby girl that is due this fall.  We also enjoyed a morning of garage sales...if only she could live closer so we could do that every week!  Aiden and I headed to the Des Moines area for an overnight stay with one of my best friends, April.  She just had a baby girl that was born on July 3rd...who is SOO adorable.  I was reminded how much peaceful the newborn stage is, but I also was reminded how much I don't miss the every two hour feedings.  Once we returned from Des Moines, Aiden and I met up with my AWESOME college friends:  Adrienne, Carrie, Erica, and Molly.  We had a fabulous two day reunion where it was so good to hear all the great things that are going on in each one of their lives.
Even with our crazy vacation schedule, Aiden continued to grow in the week that we were there.  He has totally mastered crawling on all fours and is pulling up on everything.  He LOVES to stand and move around, which makes any snuggle moments with our little boy that much more special:) 

Enjoying the Iowa grass
Meeting up with our friends, Jill and Anna-so much fun!
Hanging with the girls:)
I am a wild man when I have no clothes on!
Aiden and Great Grandma Rogers
Meeting little Camryn...she is only 3 weeks old!!
Saying good-bye to Grandma and Grandpa Rogers
Trying to drink Great Grandma Lunn's water:)
I love swinging at the park!
I enjoyed my cozy coupe rides at Grandma's house:)

Now that we have returned, we will be updating more often with pictures and updates of our daily life so check back soon!  I am hoping to finish the 7 month video soon and will post that up this week:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chris Julie & Aiden,
We enjoyed your visit & can't wait for the next trip. I have the feeling Aiden will be walking to greet us the next time we see him.