Thursday, April 21, 2011

What a Week...

Thank goodness for nap time around here! I just woke up from a short nap myself and am sitting amidst a HUGE HUGE mess:):) Laundry needs to be done, the table needs to be cleared, and toys are EVERYWHERE. But I just need to chill for a few more minutes before I get myself motivated...
Our week started out with a beautiful day on Monday! We spent the morning playing around here and enjoyed a visit from some friends in the afternoon before heading out for an evening walk to get some exercise. I am so, so, so anxious to start running again after breaking my ankle but am waiting for my doctor's clearance before I get back into it so the best exercise I get are my walks with the boys!
On Tuesday morning, I ran some errands with the boys which is ALWAYS an adventure! We survived, got home for lunch, and took a good nap before our friends, the Amorinos, arrived from out of town! Liz and I went to high school together and thankfully, we get to see her a couple times a year since she is living on the East Coast too. She brought her three kids (7, 5, and 1) and what a fun, crazy time we had!!!! (Just imagine what five kids can do in a little house in two days) Aiden loved having some new playmates and I so enjoyed catching up and having a familiar face around!! Pictures to come later once I have time to upload some...
They left this morning and we headed to the park to meet some other kids in town for an Earth Day celebration. While the other kids did a scavenger hunt and made a craft, I will have to say that Aiden just enjoyed some relaxing time on the playground and chomping on some pretzels (which were really meant to make a bird feeder!). Since our early bird Andrew was up at 5 am, he took his second nap in the stroller the whole time!!
Now, I probably should head to get cleaned up and packed as we are heading down to my sister's tomorrow to celebrate my nephew Jack's birthday and enjoy Easter with their family and my mom! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our happy, happy Andrew:
Loving his swing:
And loving the playmat:
I love our little bug!
Aiden loves to do tummy time with his brother:
Someone thinks this baby stuff is pretty neat:
And look who loves, loves, loves his rain gear:
Did I tell you how much we love our rain boots? We wear them even when it's sunny!
And someone really likes to sing the ABCs around here:

1 comment:

Beyond the Sunrise said...

Sounds like you had an exhausting week! Have fun this weekend and if you need a few days rest, just head south for the NC High Country.