Friday, May 4, 2012

G and G Rogers came to visit


We were blessed to have a five day visit from Grandma and Grandpa Rogers!!!!!!!!  They LOVED on the boys and allowed Chris and I to have our first ever night away from our kids since Aiden was born-that's almost 3 1/2 years!  

Chris and I headed in to NYC to enjoy all our favorite things and a few new stops, including...
  • La Palapa (only the best Mexican food ever)
  • Shake Shack (only the best burgers and cheese fries ever!)
  • Fish's Eddy (I just love this dish store in the city, someday my kitchen will be stocked with all their stuff!)
  • Uniqlo (My brother sent me here-it's a Japanese clothing store that has come to America.  And listen to this, they hem any pants for free!  What?!?!  And their clothes are forty dollars and under-I am definitely heading back here to get some more jeans.  We were in a hurry so I just browsed through, picked up a few things, but I could have definitely spent more time here.)
  • Nordstrom Rack (Can you believe Chris has never been here before?  I think we know where he will be getting his dress shoes from now on!)
  • Avenue Q Musical (Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!)
  • Aoki Sushi (And I have been craving sushi since we have left here, so it must have been good.  Is it strange that I eat sushi, but not one bite of cooked fish?)
  • Joe Fresh (Another store that was recommended to me...great deals for what you get!)
  • Strand Bookstore (I love this store, if only I had endless money for books!!!)
  • And of course, I made a pit stop at a random bakery just to get some elephant ears!!!!!!  
We had a great time but I was so excited to get back to my boys and see their precious faces:)  

1 comment:

A Little Ruff said...

Fabulous Grandparents!!!! You were so wonderful to have done that for Julie and Chris. I know the kids loved it! ...then it was time to fly home and rest :-)
The Other Grandma, Cathy