Tuesday, March 5, 2013

BIG news...



Andrew isn't sure what to think about our big news that we have to share, but we do have some BIG news here in the Rogers family...

No, baby girl has not arrived yet...

But this family is relocating to the Washington, DC area in late spring/early summer!!!!!!!!  

I'm still in a bit of shock myself, but yes, we are about to pack up again (5th time in 8 years) and head south to our nation's capital.  Chris was offered a professional accounting fellowship with the government for two years and will be starting his new position around the middle of June.  He was just offered the position (one of four people this year in the country) last week and so on top of being 37 weeks pregnant TODAY, I am now thinking about getting this house ready to sell, relocating our family (finding a rental property, finding preschools, and adjusting to a new area with THREE kids this summer), and saying good-bye to our little beloved piece of Jersey that we have lived in for the past 2 1/2 years.  

I'm so proud of Chris as he has worked SUPER hard to achieve this and it may have been the big reason that this blog has been really neglected the past few months.  He was putting in a LOT of hours at work and there were definitely many days of survival around here.  He is very excited for this amazing opportunity that is ahead of him.  The boys don't really understand what is ahead for them, but I'm hoping that this adjustment for them goes relatively smooth.  And I'm sad to leave some great friends that I have made here, but am trying to stay positive and excited about the new opportunities that await our family.  

So yes, it's going to be an interesting few months with what awaits us but our life wouldn't be the same if we didn't have an adventure ahead!

5 comments:

Joeylee said...

Congrats!!!

Dana said...

Hi Julie!

I've been reading your blog for a while, and I love all of your updates! Your boys are adorable! Congratulations on your big news! I live in Northern Virginia, and just thought it was one of those fun, small-world things that someone that write a blog I like is moving close by! Do you know where you guys are aiming to live? Good luck :)

Beyond the Sunrise said...

Aiden - "I don't want to hear it.....does this mean I have to root for the Nats instead of the Yankees?"

The Petrie Family said...

Wow Julie! That IS big news! Congrats on the next new adventure for your family!

Unknown said...

Julie! I just read this post after seeing your post on my facebook status yesterday. WOWZA!!! You guys are as crazy as we are! ;) So excited for your family. Congrats!