Thursday, April 24, 2014

Easter 2014

 I have decided that I will never be caught up on this blog, so enjoy what I can get done:)  I took a solo trip with all three kids down to my mom's house last week and I think I deserve a medal for surviving the crazy DC traffic that makes our trip twice as long as it should.  (Or maybe the kids deserve a medal for being all-star car riders for a 6+ hour road trip with just me at the wheel!)  We had a great week at my mom's house despite the fact that she worked during the day.  We enjoyed our favorite park down there, spent lots of time with my grandma, visited the local children's museum, took advantage of the great trails, and of course had to take a couple visits to Meme's classroom!  

We returned Thursday night and quickly unpacked, grocery shopped, and "somewhat" organized before our next round of visitors.  These visitors are special because they come all the way from the West Coast, Uncle Andy and Cynthia! The two of them flew in on Saturday and boy, did we show them how chaotic our days can be.  My brother, Andy, has a short-term job assignment from the government to help with some of their computer logistics (which is really awesome and we are so proud of him!) and Cynthia decided to join along to visit us and a few other friends on the East Coast.  We love spending time with them because we only get to see them once a year so this was BIG for us!

We woke up Easter morning to the visit from Mr. Easter Bunny.  He brought the kids a few random things:  books, Leappad game, card holder, and bath colors.  Simple and sweet.  I whipped up some homemade cinnamon rolls, eggs, and bacon.  And then we did the usual Sunday morning rush to get ready for church with a few minutes to spare for a family picture... 


We arrived home and snuck in a few more pictures of the kids...





And then we welcomed my sister, Jill, and her family down for the afternoon!  A very rare time when you can get more of two of the Ruff siblings together, so we enjoyed a nice afternoon in the sun just hanging out and being together.  The kids played outside all day which was awesome!  And we had our annual Easter egg hunt which the kids loved.  


And of course before Jill and Tom left that evening we had to get an updated picture of siblings (minus Jenni!) with the kids...


It was a lovely Easter and I am so thankful for any moments that I can have with my family!

No comments: