Thursday, May 8, 2014

Another One Down for the Count...

When one gets sick, soon another...


Our baby girl was up all night with the flu.  Let's just hope the boys avoid catching this bug that I still can't seem to totally shake out of my system.  And of course it's a crazy week between Mother's Day Tea in both classrooms, teacher's appreciation week (where volunteer room mom is in charge of the week!), & just keeping up with the three kids.

Other happenings of the week:
  • I enjoyed a nice Mother's Day tea with Andrew.  I was still a little under the weather, but forced myself to head out for this very special occasion.  It's a rare moment when I have one on one time with my kids!  He chose not to sing and instead made his usual "silly faces" while the sweet girl next to him did all the singing and actions!  But he was excited to have some cookies & lemonade with his mom in his own classroom.  I can't believe that in two weeks he will have finished his first year of preschool.
  • We headed out to Target yesterday morning before school to grab some fruit for teacher's appreciation baskets, some dog food, & a few other random needs.  We arrived and Aiden climbed out of the car and apparently forgot his shoes.  Aahh, so we just acquired another pair of flip-flops for the summer while there.  Thankfully his teachers are so laid-back that they didn't mind him wearing the flip-flops to school.  Sorry I couldn't fork over $30 for sneakers that weren't even cute! 
  • Chris & I were going to attempt a half marathon next month, but I'm leaning towards backing out.  Me, not him.  I just don't know if we have enough time to do all the training.  I got up to 7 miles last week!  But if we both want to do long runs that takes 1-2 hours each per weekend.  Weekends are precious as that's really the only family time we have.  Is it worth losing that time to run?  Decisions, decisions...
  • Our house is all about Rescuebots.  I never thought I would have Transformer loving boys but we can't get enough of them.  They play with their action figures, pretend they are Rescuebots, read Rescuebot books, and we have to watch the show everyday.  More than enough for me!
  • Aiden is turning into a little hoarder.  I'm a little worried.  He has collections of stuff all over the house-Easter candy, rocks and sticks found in the yard, his animal & shell collections, & let's not even talk about his school supply habit that MeMe Ruff helps fill with her leftover school items.  Is this an age thing or is this a problem?
  • Abby is a little rascal (when she feels better!).  She claps her hands, climbs on everything (including the back of the couch with big brother Andrew), tears through the cupboards, & is turning into little Miss Into Everything!

Off to get ready for the day.  It's a low-key morning before school while Abby naps and hopefully recovers.  Looking forward to the weekend and hoping a Happy & Healthy Mother's Day better be in the picture this weekend!

No comments: