Thursday, October 2, 2014

Heading to Kindergarten!

I know...it's been a while.  Like a long while.  It's amazing how busy life has gotten with three little kids at home all doing different things.  But I'm taking a few moments here at 8:45 pm while Chris & I have dinner in the oven for the two of us and the kids are finally asleep to update you on a few great things that have been going on around here.  

Let's start off with a very special moment in our family's life.  Aiden headed to kindergarten at the beginning of September.  It has been an easy transition for him as he LOVES school which has made it a much easier transition for me.  He eagerly gets ready for school everyday & seems to enjoy his time there. 

The days are long.  We drop him around nine and don't pick him up until four which makes a long day for a little five year old, but he soaks it all in.  He loves all the different specials including some awesome options:  PE, Music, Art, Spanish, Library, STEAM (science) lab, & Computers.  He has chosen to buy "hot lunch" on a few select days with a packed lunch on the other days AND loves the days where we he gets to buy!  His teacher is new & young, reminds me of myself back in the day.  Ha:)  He seems to enjoy all his classmates & has nothing bad to say about school.  He completed his first homework assignments this week & nothing too intense, trust me.  He loves picking out new books from the library & his latest favorite book is his Lego Movie chapter book where he can read his own "chapter" book.

He loves school so much that he comes home & plays school for at least another hour.  It's his absolute favorite thing to do!  You never know what him & his class of stuffed animals  may be doing...art projects, heading outside for recess, having a snack, or reading stories.

It's been a big adjustment having him at school all day long, but he loves it & I am slowly adjusting to having my first child away for the day.  Thankfully, I have two other little ones & life in general that keep me from ever slowing down.  

So here's to a truly awesome first year of school for my sweet boy...