Sunday, January 4, 2015

A Very Merry Christmas!


We had a wonderful Christmas vacation & it's hard to believe that it is coming to an end!  Chris was off for the full two weeks and it was absolutely amazing to have both of us home, no traveling, & just being together as a family.  Honestly, I don't have a lot of pictures from the past two weeks because I put my camera down, put my computer away from blogging & Christmas shopping, & we really just relaxed and spent time as a family.  I had a giant to-do list of things I wanted to do but honestly most of the things are still not done, but I can say that we truly enjoyed a "break".  We played games, read books, watched movies, managed to get out of the house a few time and just truly enjoyed a full two weeks of everyone home.  We enjoyed a great visit from both of my parents & a special visit from Aunt Jill and cousin Jack.  We spent time with friends & had a fun trip into DC for Zoolights & Old Town for lunch with friends visiting from Connecticut.  Even with the fun moments, trust me that we didn't have our share of arguing siblings, complete mess of a house, & yes, I may be slightly looking forward to that school bell ringing at 9 am tomorrow but this break was good, wonderful, & much needed.  The true gift of this Christmas season wasn't all the gifts & glitz, instead it was about just having this rare time to "just be" together! 

No comments: