Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Our Week In Review...

On Monday, we had swim lessons, lots of playtime, and some new books at the library!!!!!

Tuesday started off with lots of playtime at home in our pajamas since it was Spring Break at school and we didn't have to rush off to get ready in the morning...
The rest of the day consisted of grocery shopping with my wild boys, a trip to the park, and even more playtime around the house...
And lots of time outside...



We headed to the library on Wednesday and had some friends over for pizza/playtime:) After some short naps, we woke up for a walk with the dogs and some more time outside!!!
We spent our Thursday morning at Barnes and Noble for snacks/train table! We headed out for a run in the afternoon before a trip to the park:) What a fun week we have had, but then the week started to take a down turn!

When we put Aiden to bed on Thursday night, he threw up. After cleaning him up, he quickly fell asleep before throwing up again shortly after. Again, another round of sheets on his bed and back to sleep before waking up again with another bout of sickness. Then, we moved him to our bed where he slept soundly through the rest of the night. Right around this time, I started to get violently sick all through the night! It was TERRIBLE, I don't know if I have ever been so sick (I even looked at Chris once in the night while lying on the bathroom floor and said that I felt like I was going to die!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After surviving through the night, I moved to our bed from the bathroom floor while Chris got up with the boys and started the morning off with them. I finally got up around 11:00 on Friday so Chris could take Aiden to his sports class and I could watch Andrew and wait for a handyman to come fix our dryer. When Chris arrived home at 12:30, he felt so nauseous that he headed to the bathroom while I fed the kids lunch, ran to the drug store for some much-needed Gatorade, and picked up the kids and plopped them in bed for some television time before naps. We got Andrew down around 2:00 and Aiden just laid with me for nap time. All four of us were asleep for about two hours;) Once 4:00 hit, I was SO achy and nauseated that I couldn't even move from our bed. So Chris took over the evening duties and cared for the children all the way to bedtime when he finally collapsed into exhaustion.

Thank goodness both of us woke up feeling much better on Saturday because it was a rough 24 hours at this house:) Both parents being extremely sick with no help was not easy, but we survived and all I have to say is thank goodness for a little extra television, our children's happy dispositions, and each other to lean on!!!!!!

No comments: