Monday, April 23, 2012

Our Week In Review...

We started off our week with another round of swim lessons. This is our before we leave the house picture-someone looks scared of what their brother might do to them?
Another fun swim lesson and another fun time with the babysitter for Andrew:) We had some pizza and playtime with friends after because the weather was GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After nap time, I spent too much time blowing up this sprinkler pool that we got last year on clearance, only to find out there was a hole in it!!!!! It still worked enough to have some fun, but now I'm on a search for a patch because this thing is SO cool:) Our friends came over to play in the pool, sprinkler, and water table!!!!
We made some ice cream cones cupcakes that night which just thrilled the socks off my sweet Aiden. Let's just say that on Tuesday he rushed home from school to have a special treat with his brother...
(There may have been a slight meltdown because I made him eat some sort of nutritious lunch before we could just feast on cupcakes! You have to love three year olds...) Our afternoon was spent doing some cleaning...
And some reading...
Before we headed to the library on Wednesday, we had our own version of story time at home, again!!! Can you see that we just love our library time?!?! After library, we headed to the park with our friends for a outdoor picnic and lots of playtime. We love the parks around here! We headed to our neighborhood park in the afternoon for some hide and seek, slides, and lots more playing!!!!!
Aiden headed off to school on Thursday while Andrew and I snuck in a quick run before having some friends over for playgroup. We spent the afternoon around the house, a lot of time outside...
Our highlight of the night was waiting for Daddy to arrive home...

They love to play in the front yard for a change-running on the sidewalk, climbing the driveways, and watching all the vehicles pass by...(And check out my flowerbeds, all 64 petunias planted, although I have a feeling I have some to replant because my little Andrew got a little too curious about the flowers and may have pulled a few out while I had my back turned!).
Chris worked from home on Friday, which is always a nice treat just to have him help a little more in the morning. I woke up early to sneak in a quick run while he took care of the kids' breakfast! We did some chores around the house-vacumning, dusting, laundry, etc., etc., etc. The kids started to get antsy and Chris was on work call after work call, so I decided to get us out of the house and take a walk downtown for a sweet treat at the coffee store (and some much-needed caffeine for me!). After we had some delicious treats and watched SO many trucks/buses/cars go by, we headed to sports class for Aiden!!!!!
In the afternoon, we were lucky to have Uncle Nate come join our household zoo and keep these boys entertained so I could run a couple errands, Chris could finish work, and we had a delicious bbq to enjoy the beautiful weather!

3 comments:

Beyond the Sunrise said...

What a busy week!

Grandpa Rogers said...

Can't wait to see these guys in a couple of days. Jody and I are thinking it won't be long and Andrew might be headlocking Aiden!

Kyndal said...

That first picture totally reminds me of my little guys. :) So cute!