Sunday, September 15, 2013

First Day of School!

We finally had our first days of school this week!  It seems crazy that school starts in mid-September when a lot of our friends back in the Midwest head back in mid to late August, but I will take the extra few weeks of summer to be with these two little boys!

I had two very excited boys ready to head to preschool on Tuesday.  Andrew will be going three hours, two days a week.  Aiden will be going three hours, four days a week.  We opted for the afternoon preschool, which is a little different than our morning schedule with Aiden last year, but I think I am really going to LOVE it once we get into the swing of things.  First of all, I don't have to rush around like a mad woman to get the kids to school before 9 am, especially with baby Abby nursing and napping!  I am REALLY going to savor a few quiet moments when they are away with Abby and I am going to work on getting her nap in while the boys are at school so I will have a few moments at home to catch up on chores, working out, emails, blogging, crafting, and whatever else I feel like doing!

So we started our Tuesday morning with a relaxing time around the house before we had an earlier lunch and headed outside to take a few quick pictures before we loaded up and headed on our way!


I originally wasn't going to send Andrew, but I loved the school on our tour last spring, and I thought he may benefit to have a little time socializing (without his mommy OR his very noisy brother!).  Andrew is a little unpredictable, so I wasn't really sure what to expect.  Sometimes he loves things, sometimes he cries---just like every other two year old, right?!  Safe to say, he ran right into class and showed his little stuffed kitty to his teachers.  He ran over to the toys, looked around and said, "Where are the cars?"  Thankfully, the teachers pulled the toy cars right out and this transportation loving boy was content!  First day was GREAT and he did have a few tears in the middle of day two, but I think he is doing great for his first school days.  


Aiden started school on Tuesday as well!  With a quick hug and kiss to me, Andrew, and Abby, he ran right into his classroom.  I wasn't sure how the adjustment to a new school would be, but so far, he is loving school!  We had met some of his classmates the week before at the park and everyone has been so friendly and inviting.  He came home on Wednesday and spent a good hour pretending to play school all by himself.  He already talks about his friends, the snacks, the crafts, and the playground.  Four afternoons a week will be great for him!


I attempted a family shot of the kids before we left---it didn't work awesome, but I managed to almost get a good one!


And here we are, at our new school!
  

And here's who I get to spend my precious afternoons with, 
I have to say that I am pretty lucky!


1 comment:

Beyond the Sunrise said...

Jules,

Great photos and even better words ... almost like being there to enjoy! Thanks for sharing, Love, Dad