Saturday, September 7, 2013

Our Month of August!

Another crazy month has come and gone.  I'm calling September the month to slow down around here, enjoy some time at home, and take some time to enjoy our new surroundings.   This summer really flew by with lots of fun adventures, but I am definitely ready for some time to just be.  

We started off the month of August with our first weekend up north at my sister's, Jill, house in Pennsylvania.  It was a special adventure as we headed to Dutch Wonderland with Jill and Jack for the day.  The kids had a BLAST riding all of the fun rides.  Let's just say that neither of them, especially Andrew, have no fear! 


This month, we headed a little west to do some blackberry picking for the first time ever with some of our new (and only:) friends here!  The kids had so much fun at the farm---jumping on the bouncy pillow, picking blackberries, playing on the playground, riding the cow train, and so much more.  



We spent another weekend up at the Jersey shore with two of our favorite families:  the Byrnes and the Nixons!  We had the most amazing day at the shore, where all the kids played for the ENTIRE day at the beach.  Delicious dinners, an ice cream truck visit, and a visit to one famous lighthouse wrapped up the trip.  We miss our friends SO much!



 

Someone turned 5 months---seriously we love our cutie bug so much!


Somehow, I failed to get any good pictures of one of the most exciting things of the month:  my mom came to visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We have been waiting and waiting for her to arrive and were thankful for four full days with MeMe Ruff.  I can tell you why I didn't get many pictures...we spent the time running errands, making curtains, and having my mom help me make this place a little more like home for the next two years.  You definitely need some helping hands when you move with three little kids and I am so thankful that she came to help us!

We also LOVED having another special visitors, Courtney and her crew came through for a day on their way south to visit her in-laws!  We loved showing them our new house and just having a few moments to play with our besties, and of course I loved having some catch-up time with Courtney!

 

To wrap up the month, we headed south for our last beach trip of the summer to Emerald Isle, NC!  We enjoyed three full days at the beach with Grandma Snow White, my mom, and Jill, Tom and Jack.  We all had a blast--Aiden loves the water, Andrew loves the sand, and Abby loved digging through the sand.  




As you can see August was a FULL month of fun, sun, and friends!  I will share some more pictures of our lazier August days soon, but today I am savoring our first quiet weekend in possibly six months.  Chris watched the entire Hawkeyes game, the boys have been playing (and destroying) in the house, Abby is contently crawling around, and I am playing major catch-up on my life to-dos:  laundry, blogging, preparing school bags for next week, organizing, etc.  

Happy September!

No comments: