Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Missing the Dog Days of Summer!

So summer is officially coming to an end soon and all that know me, I am a "summer" girl. We have had our share of ups and downs this summer with all the craziness that life has brought us, but I have to say that it has been a fun summer and I'm sad to say good-bye to long summer days, no scheduled days, and lots of time outside.  Now that we have jumped into the daily routine of preschool and our schedule continues to be jam-packed, I am looking back at these pictures and am so thankful for the fun times we had!












And no post on this blog is complete with a few more shots of baby girl!  I don't have a lot of her "enjoying the outside" because she was usually strapped to me in the baby carrier and I am not a fan of "selfie" pictures:)  







Our weeks continue to be busy---Andrew finally has started his full three hours of school this week (twice a week)!  Of course, we had our first preschool meltdown because I forgot to pack his little "fire dog" lovey.  Yes, I was that crazy mom who drove all the way home to get it and head back to the school with it, just to make sure he would be content and secure at school.  Aiden continues to go four afternoons a week and is loving it, but it makes for an exhausted child at night (yes, we have had our fair share of meltdowns around here in the evening)!

We just arrived back from a wonderful trip back to New Jersey to see our great friends.  We miss them SO much but I have yet to catch up on my very lack of sleep.  We are also thankful for another special visitor who arrived here yesterday, my dad.  He is taking his first trip to see us in VA and I think we have already worn him out!  

Lots more planned on our calendar next month, looking forward to some great things planned as well as trying to find some  time out to block out for some  "much needed" family time.  It's such a rare thing to find time to "just be" as our little family at this season of our life, but yet so important, so as I look ahead to October I have to make sure I get that planned in before life gets too crazy.  Alright...off to bed, I'm pretty sure this little sweet rascal Abby will be up around 3 looking for some milk!


No comments: