Friday, January 29, 2010

On the Mend...

So it's been quite the week at the Rogers' household. It started like any other week...
Monday, Aiden and I were off to a morning playgroup with some friends. We had fun seeing friends, having lunch, and arrived home in time for Aiden's afternoon nap. Down he went and not long after he woke up, we had our FIRST vomiting experience with our baby boy. Not once, but five times! Oh No...Aiden had caught the flu bug and what a nasty bug it has been.
Tuesday, he continued to have the flu-not feeling well, no appetite, trying to get him to drink Pedialyte, snuggling with Mommy, sleeping, and just an overall crummy day for little Aiden.
Wednesday, he is still sick and now I have the horrible flu bug. I started to feel sick in the morning and called Chris to see if he could come early. Thank goodness that he came when I called because by 2 pm, I was in the same nasty sick boat that Aiden was in.
Thursday...both Aiden and I woke up still feeling terrible so Chris stays home to take care of us. We decided to get Aiden to the doctor to make sure he is still hydrated and see if he can give us any advice, especially since Aiden hasn't been eating much food now for three days. Since I could barely get out of bed, Chris had his first experience taking Aiden to the doctor without Mommy. (And just so you know, Aiden does not like the doctor visits AT ALL!). Chris did a wonderful job soothing Aiden's hysterical cries and relaying all of the doctor's information back to me-Aiden is hydrated, keep up the Pedialyte, and hopefully the virus goes away soon.
Friday...I am finally on the mend, but Aiden is STILL recovering.
We hope that he feels better by the end of the weekend and is back to his crazy wild antics for the week ahead!
No pictures are included in this update because I am typing from Chris' computer tonight. My charger for my computer has gone kaput...so I have been without a computer for a few days. I have to say it's amazing how much I can get done when I am not tempted to check my email or play around on the computer. I am hoping to get a new charger tomorrow so I will try to get some pictures uploaded by the end of the weekend!

1 comment:

Beyond the Sunrise said...

Hope y'all are feeling well soon. Computer charger failed and the rest of you with flu...do you think this is the first reported case of the rare "Charger Flu"?