Friday, October 8, 2010

Aiden's New Room and Enjoying the Beautiful Weather!

So I have decided over the next few weeks to share a "photo tour" of our new house! Since Aiden's room seems to be the most completed, we will start with his beautiful "big boy" room.
Here is Aiden's crib with his name hung above. We are going to attempt a transition to a low twin bed possibly at the end of next week so this will change, but it is what he is in right now! We have picked up the new bed from Ikea and just need to get it all put together and get a mattress to put on top. Once we get Aiden out of the crib successfully, baby #2 will have his own bed:)
Aiden's shelves of books and toy bag! His own little play area:)
The rest of the room! I love his bedroom door with the glass panes:) Aiden will also get a dresser that matches his bed, which I am in the midst of putting together. The rocker will also be moved to baby #2's room-we have used that rocker SO much!!! There is a door for the closet up in the attic...we will see if we can get that up in the next few weeks. If not, life will be okay!
A view of the whole room! It went from being a pink/purple little girl's room to this! Lots of work, but I love it!!!
And just so you know, we aren't quite ready for baby #2 to arrive! Here is his room for now. It holds many of our boxes with no home and a half completed dresser. If you look closely, you will see a baby swing in there! Yes, it will hopefully ready for baby #2 by the time he arrives!
So we have finally enjoyed some nice weather around here after many dreary days! We have been soaking up the time outdoors. First, here are Cobi and Sheffield enjoying our fenced-in backyard. Sheffield did manage to escape the first day we were here, but was found by the new neighbors. What a way to meet the neighborhood, especially after the cops were called to find the owners of this runaway dog. My dad fixed the part of the fence that needed repair so no more escaping from these two-hopefully! They have survived the move well, despite that they are looking pretty shaggy right now:)
And here is our little bug! I have to give my dad a HUGE thank you for my awesome birthday gift-a NEW camera!!!!!!! Our camera was a little out of date and had a huge crack on the screen, although it does work. He did some research and bought us a new, amazing camera that I am in love with. Although I have to really read up on how to use it:) Here are some shots from this morning:
Are you taking another picture of me Mama?
Looking at the airplanes at the park! We see lots of airplanes everyday, because we are about 15 minutes from Newark Airport. Aiden loves pointing them all out.
Enjoying the jumping bridge
Peek-A-Boo!
Thanks to my dad for his help this week-doing odd jobs, getting rid of garbage, and keeping Aiden and I company. We are on our own for awhile and going to try to figure out life in New Jersey...wish us luck! So far, today, we had a great morning at the park near our house and we are off to our new doctor's office this afternoon for an ultrasound of baby #2!
Hopefully, our updates will become more frequent as life is starting to settle down, or at least until our little baby boy arrives!

2 comments:

Beyond the Sunrise said...

Nice photos!!! As I tell people, the camera is really not that important; it's what in front of and back of the camera that makes the picture!

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

I LOVE his room. You did a great job decorating it. For the girls, I got a low profile box spring to help keep the bed as close to the ground as I can. You can also get a "bunkbed" mattress with the box spring already built it which I think would even be lower. Good luck with the rest of unpacking. Reminds me of when I was pregnant with Sophie and closing on our house 2 weeks before she was born (except I didn't also have a toddler!!!).