Friday, October 15, 2010

Some Fall Cooking...

Well, I am starting to finally accept the fact that summer is leaving and fall is arriving! I love summer so much, but there are definitely some great things about fall too: apple picking, Halloween and pumpkin picking, the changing colors of leaves, fall candle aromas, and some yummy cooking that is meant for some cooler weather. This week, I have made some delicious recipes so I thought I would share.
The first is a slow cooker pot roast recipe that was easy and so yummy. First of all, I love the Crock Pot because I just don't love watching meat cook in a pan, especially when I am pregnant. And the Crock Pot makes cooking dinner so easy, especially when you have a young toddler to take care of at the witching hour! Most pot roasts I have made have cream of mushroom soup, which Chris is not a fan of, so I found this one with no soup which made a happy husband! Here's the recipe:
First, I put some carrots and quartered potatoes in the bottom of the Crock Pot. On top of the vegetables, I added about a 3 lb. bottom round roast. Then I sprinkled a packet of dry onion soup mix on top of the roast. Last, I added two beef bouillon cubes with 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water. I cooked it on high for about 6 hours and it was DONE!!! YUMMY and enough for leftovers;)

Today, our morning started with a 6:15 am wake up call from our little bug! Since it is cold and wet, I decided it was the perfect morning to make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I bought the ingredients last week waiting for the right day to make these. I have to say that I am not a huge pumpkin fan, but my roommate and SUPER amazing friend, Molly, brought these delicious muffins from her mom for me to try my freshmen year and has had me hooked ever since. Thanks to Molly and Mrs. Beverung for introducing me to this wonderful, sweet breakfast treat! Here is a link to these fabulous muffins:

And if you don't believe me that these are yummy, just ask this sweet boy!


1 comment:

Beyond the Sunrise said...

....and I only had hot dogs when I visited????