Thursday, January 6, 2011

Adjusting my to-do list...life with two!

This week marks my official first week alone with two boys. All family is gone, Chris is back to work, and I'm learning how to juggle the needs of our two little ones:) And even better, Chris is just starting his BUSY season which means that he leaves pretty early in the morning and doesn't arrive until after Aiden hits the bedtime. What a way to get me used to life with two!
Now, if you ask any of my close friends or family...they would say that I am a girl who loves to stay busy with chores, crafts, errands, exercise, etc. Well, let's just say that I can officially throw any of my daily goals out the window with these two baby bugs;) I am starting to readjust (or forget) my to-do list and focus on these two kiddos because they are what is really important. Let's just say that I am writing this at 2:30 in the afternoon and I'm still in my pajamas with no shower and I probably will stay this way until tonight because a naptime where both are sleeping is VERY precious right now!
What have we done this week? Well, we have spent lots of quality time together at home! Aiden is NONstop activity right now-he goes and goes and goes and talks and talks and talks. I even googled non-stop chatting toddler last night to figure out if the behavior was normal because he literally follows me around like a duck talking and making noises ALL day long. Some of the things he says and does are quite funny and cute, but it is EXHAUSTING to a mom who has to tend to a newborn:) I have to say that he has been, for the most part, behaving well especially being cooped up for so long with just the three of us.
Andrew is a really easy baby, minus that he does NOT sleep well at night. During the day when he feeds, he often will fall asleep and I have to wake him up so he can join us for an hour or two before he takes another nap. Not the same thing at night! Instead after he feeds at night, he is WIDE awake! I often spend a good 1/2 hour after I feed him trying to get him back to sleep in his pack and play before I give up from exhaustion and let him lay with us! Let's just say that I have had a few sleepless nights this week!
But all in all, I have had a great week with my two little ones and am looking forward to where life will take us with our adventures at home. Here are some pictures from our fun week of hibernation:
Playing baby toys with Andrew! As you can see, Aiden enjoys this time even more than Andrew:)
My chill baby boy, Andrew.
He LOVES to be cuddled and held...thank goodness for our baby Bjorn!
Doing a little tummy time with Sheffield close by:) The two dogs are in need of a little extra love right now, and a good, clean bath too. Anyone want to foster them for a few months?;)
Playing with our Cheerio book-trying to keep this little one busy!
Shaving cream painting-what a mess, but so much fun!
Sleeping in the swing (Right now, this swing and the swaddleme are my favorite baby items. It's the only way this little guy sleeps!!)
Making banana bread with Mommy! We paired the delicious bread with some fruit smoothies for lunch today:) Aiden loved it!
Getting ready to head out on a walk!
Enjoying the snow:) The only way that we get out is by playing in the backyard. You know I must be stir crazy to take Aiden out twice a day in this COLD weather. He does love it, except when he fell off the sled coming down one of our mounds of snow-oops!
Checking each other out-Aiden is really starting to figure out that "baby" is here for good and taking more of an interest in him. It's so cute!

We have had a fun week together, but I'm definitely looking forward to this weekend!!!

2 comments:

jody said...

I want to be a kid at your house! What fun!! We miss you all!

Kristen and Mike said...

Julie-
So, I used to check your blog daily when you were pregnant with Aiden and after he was born. I started my blog because you did such a great job on yours. Then, I got pregnant and must have gotten pregnancy brain or something because I totally forgot to check your blog. Then, I was on facebook and your name came up and it reminded me that you had an awesome blog that I was not following. I feel bad that I haven't been staying current on your family, but I did spend the past 2 hours getting caught up. Your boys are adorable and I am excited to stay up to date on the Rogers family from now on. Congrats in your new little one. It would be great to get our families together if you are ever home in Iowa for an extended period of time. I hope you enjoy your weekend! Love you! :)