Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Survivor: The Game Hasn't Ended!

We are still in the midst of survival mode with Chris working crazy "busy season" hours and me managing the two rugrats! Aiden continues to have some issues with his sleeping (waking up early, difficulty to get to sleep, and even some night waking), which means that we are two EXHAUSTED parents. I'm ready for this phase of "no sleep" to leave this house so I can feel like I have some sanity to my life. Despite his lack of normal sleep hours, he still has an abundant amount of energy which keeps me on my toes all day and adds a lot of humor to my day. I have to feel blessed with how easy Andrew is so far. He sleeps well, eats well, and is very content throughout the day!! Thank goodness:):) Here are some pictures from the past few days:

First of all, by the end of the day, our house looks like a tornado hit it! You just can't keep up with a busy toddler:
Andrew and Aiden in their doggie pajamas! They are most likely watching "Wheels on the Bus"! Thanks to Grandpa Ruff, we now have the DVD and CD version of the song. Between the two, I think I listen to "Wheels on the Bus" at least fifty times a day! Aiden plays the song over and over and over...
Enjoying some Andrew snuggle time-it usually happens once Aiden gets to sleep!
Staying busy with blocks. It takes some creativity to be a stay-at home parent. We used these blocks as a road, balance beam, something to jump over, a tower, and much more. During the day, we play lots of toys, read lots of books, do crafts, and whatever else I can think up to keep this kid busy! (Especially since we are stuck inside so much-spring PLEASE PLEASE come soon!!! I'm ready to get out!!!!)
Loving the smiles-Andrew is a happy lovebug:) I can't believe that he will be 2 months on Friday!
What a way to spend a Saturday-reading, reading, reading. I hit up the library sale on Saturday and got such good deals. Each book was like 5 or 10 cents so we loaded up. Aiden LOVES books, just like his mommy!
Doing some tummy time and getting so strong. Andrew's days are spent alternating between the bouncer, swing, carrier, playmat, crib, and mommy's arms. Not a bad life for a baby who is almost two months:)
Enjoying a few, precious moments with Daddy. We can't WAIT for busy season to get over so we can see him more often:
Sunday was a whole day spent in pajamas. Between Aiden being sick, Andrew being so young, and this nasty cold weather, the kids were stuck at home all weekend. (Again, spring PLEASE come!)
Despite all the chaos, these two are finding time to love one another!

2 comments:

Beyond the Sunrise said...

Jules, Nice photos and write up! Sorry I haven't been able to call you this week but cell phones in the wilds of YNP are about as handy as screen doors in submarines!

jody said...

Off to work... and once again you've made my day! I love those boys!