Friday, January 28, 2011

Snowed In!!!!!

We got hit with ANOTHER snowstorm the past couple days!!!!! Words can't even explain how much snow we have, so here are the pictures to document this craziness:
A view from our front window
Check out our van...can you find it? (Yes, I did say van...I can't believe that we made this big purchase this month for our growing family. I never thought we would drive a minivan, but I do love it for hauling the kiddos around)
Our HUGE snowbank in the back
The snow goes all the way to the top of our porch railing
Chris and Aiden with the massive snow
The snowbank is almost as tall as Chris!
Trying to navigate through the snow which is taller than him!
WOW Mommy, this is a lot of snow!!!

I have to give a BIG thank you to our neighbors who dug our driveway out with their snowblower. Chris really appreciated not having to scoop and scoop and scoop-although he spent at least another 1 1/2 hours scooping sidewalks, the back driveway, and an area for our dogs to get out.
There is literally nowhere to put this snow! I had to take Andrew to his 2 month appointment today and the roads are just FILLED with snow. It took us an extra 20-30 minutes to get there and find somewhere safe to park on the street, but we made it safely so that is all that is important.
I'm SO looking forward to heading south with the boys in about a week to visit my mom where hopefully we can finally be able to play outside some and go for walks! We will miss Chris, but are looking forward to this busy season getting over in one more month!!!

2 comments:

Beyond the Sunrise said...

And I thought Yellowstone was snowed in!!!

jody said...

You should come to the midwest. We have just a dusting compared to that! We miss you all!