Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sleep Deprivation, But Still Enjoying Life:)

So we are starting to hit sleep deprivation in the Rogers household. Andrew continues to nurse about every three to four hours at night, but that isn't the major cause of our sleep problems. Instead, Aiden has hit a sleep regression where he continues to wake up earlier and earlier...today, our wake up time was 4:45 am!!!! I am clueless on how to solve this problem as he wakes up disoriented, upset, and will not communicate in any way what is wrong. We have tried consoling him, letting him cry, getting him out of bed, changing bedtimes/naptimes, and nothing seems to be working. He refuses to go back to sleep! I just hope that this problem will go away VERY soon because this makes two VERY tired parents. Chris continues his VERY long hours with busy season and I am in survival mode with the two babies, trying to make the most out of our days together.
Despite the lack of sleep, we have enjoyed some fun days around home:) Here are some pictures from the start of the week:

Snuggling with little Andrew! I cherish these moments even more the second time around because I know how fast little babies grow:)
My lovebug and me-he loves when we hold the camera in front of us to take a picture-we do this a couple times a day:)
Getting ready to head out on a COLD walk. It didn't last long, but I think the puppies enjoyed a short break away from home!
Chris and I have to thank Grammy Ruff for this inflatable snowman! We put it outside for Christmas and Aiden LOVED "Frosty the Snowman" this year. When I took down the lights, I brought this guy in, washed him, and inflated him one afternoon to dry out before we put in storage. All last week, Frosty was inflated during the day due to the pleas of Aiden. As much as I love Frosy, I am thankful to say that he is finally in the attic and has "melted" until next year!
I love my little boys!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Talked about sleep deprivation . . . I first read that Aiden continues to nurse about every three to four hours at night. I was going to say that he was taking the age regression thing a little far. Obviously, off to bed. Enjoy your cuties!!!!!