Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunshine on Saturday

While I was washing dishes on Saturday morning, I saw this beautiful sight. Aiden had carried over his golf set to Andrew and was showing him how it works. This view made me so excited because I can't wait to watch these two boys grow and love one another!
I have to say that I did question my husband's sanity when he told me on Friday afternoon that he ordered a truckload of dirt that was going to be delivered. Seriously, dirt?!?! If you haven't noticed, Chris has spent many of the past weekends working on the lawn between growing grass, planting shrubs and flowers, and laying down bricks. When he told me that he ordered dirt, I really wondered if this was becoming an unhealthy obsession. But, I do have to say that the dirt did it's magic. He used the dirt to elevate the shrubs a few inches higher so it was above the landscape bricks. After moving all of the dirt and replanting all of the shrubs, I have to say that I think it looks fantastic. Thanks Chris for all of your hard work!


And I have to thank Chris for allowing our 2 year old to help him most of the day (as much as toddlers help). Aiden loved digging in the dirt and spraying the leftover dirt off the driveway:) It made for one very messy son by the end of the day!
We spent almost the whole day outside on Saturday. Aiden LOVES to be outside, just like his mama. Andrew doesn't really have a choice as he goes where the rest of us go!



We also enjoyed a nice walk to downtown where we discovered some wonderful shops in town. We picked up a fresh baguette from the bread store, delicious cookies from the bakery, and in true Jersey style, we picked up some cold cuts and steak from the butcher! We were all set for a wonderful barbecue for dinner!!!!!

1 comment:

Andy said...

Wow! They're growing fast. I have to visit! Or, you could always bring them out West...