Sunday, December 11, 2011

Week In Review...

Monday:
We started off our week with our last music class of the year. I will miss our Monday morning music, but I think we may continue for another session (especially with long winter days and a hard-working daddy in busy season)! After class, I bravely decided to run errands with the boys. I had Kohls cash to use and a couple things to pick up, so I figured why not take them? I was quickly reminded that these two are not the best shopping companions and you will not be seeing me fly solo with these two boys in tow! In the afternoon, Aiden woke up earlier than usual from nap so we decided to head outside to enjoy some nicer weather. He played soccer almost the whole time we were out there.

Tuesday:
We started off our morning with our last ever Friends class. We really enjoyed this class, although it got a little chaotic at time with 20 two and three year olds running around! The kids play at different stations and it ends with a craft-today's craft was making a very adorable paper plate snowman. We headed over to the library after leaving the community center (the two buildings are attached which makes it very convenient) where we picked up some Christmas books and DVDs. When we arrived home, we completed our Advent activity of the day-picnic by the Christmas tree. We enjoyed sandwiches, apples and dip, and some broccoli and dip:)
After another short nap time (thanks to a teething boy!), we had some snack and made some snowball cookies:) This one enjoyed his snack today and it looks like someone needs to make sure to snap him in...
And this one really enjoyed washing some dishes while the cookies were baking (and I don't know why but he is insistent on wearing shorts EVERY afternoon?!?)...
Wednesday:
We had our usual library story time on Wednesday morning! We read some books about Christmas. Do you see Aiden standing up there? This is a BIG step for him because for about the first year that we have been going, he would not leave his Mama's side. But he really loves Ms. Duffy, the librarian, and she does a great job!
Now it's bubble time. Can you spot Aiden following Ms. Duffy around? And look at little Andrew running around!
We headed home and had a surprise visit from my sister, Jill! She was working in NJ for the day so she picked up some lunch and brought it over to our house where we enjoyed a special visit from her! Thanks for coming Jill, we hope you can come again for work (and bring Jack for us to take care of!).
Thursday:
Thanks Aunt Jill for my small, but mighty t-shirt;)
We start off our mornings after breakfast with a little playtime while I catch up on the Today show news! This is what happened when I try to eat breakfast around these two...
We had playgroup in the morning at our house and then took some early naps so we could head over to decorate cookies at the community center with the Newcomer's group I am involved in. This boy was very serious about his cookie decorating...
After cookies and playtime, we headed to a friend's house for some more playtime and early dinner! Thank goodness we had plans because Aiden and Andrew have not been napping well at all this week and I was getting a little stir crazy with two cranky babes and some yucky rainy weather:) Despite taking a very short nap today, this guy was mesmerized by all the toys that weren't his and was content as can be!
We arrived home, put on our pajamas, and waited for Daddy to get home a little earlier than usual:) I had the bouncy seat out for a friend's baby earlier in the day and someone thought it looked mighty relaxing!
Friday:
For a special morning outing, I took the boys over to Barnes and Noble for a little treat and play time at the train table. I had a coupon for a free cookie, which the boys shared, while I got a little pick-me-up coffee drink. I love this store as the boys LOVE to play at the train table and it makes them share with all the other little boys and girls around. It's always fun to meet new people while the kids play and browse through the endless amount of kids' books! After nap, these two had a snack and isn't it cute how they both are at the table????? It's little things like this that show me that Andrew is growing up so quickly:)
After some free play time around the house, we picked Chris up at the train, took a quick grocery store run, had dinner and baths and I said good-bye to head off to a cooking girl's night while Chris put both of the boys to bed!!!!!!

What a busy, but wonderful week:) We are looking forward to another fun week, especially with my mom coming in early this week!

1 comment:

Beyond the Sunrise said...

I believe you need a vacation!