Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Week In Review...

So I better recap last week before this week is over!

Last Monday, we were supposed to hit a playgroup time in the morning but finally got Andrew to take a morning nap:) So I cherished the extra time around the house and instead, we took a morning trip to the park and a quick walk to the post office. The kids had a blast at the park. We definitely have not gone as much lately because of the weather turning colder and the days getting shorter so I enjoyed a fun morning with the boys! After naps, we went to a friend's house to do a little craft with the kids in hope that we would have some Christmas gifts for grandparents! Four kids under three while trying to do crafts was no easy feat, but we completed our goal and had dinner before heading home for an early bedtime!
So happy to be outside...
Something about little ones all bundled up makes me smile...
Climbing the structure...
Hi Mom!
So in the middle of the night, Andrew was up for almost three hours either due to teething or an oncoming cold! So when the morning arrived, we had a quick breakfast and I whisked both boys into the car to catch the sick hours at the doctor's office. Andrew was diagnosed with an ear infection-oh no! Neither one of my kids have ever had one, so this was a first for me:) On top of that, I caught a cold/flu so we were all three under the weather and ready to collapse so we headed home for a very low-key time around the house. After some short naps (thank you sickness!), we were looking forward to a VERY SPECIAL visitor...my mom!!!! We ended the day with MeMe-relaxing, delicious food, and lots of love:)
Some boys were very excited for their MeMe to come...
Wednesday morning, everyone started to feel a little better so we decided to take MeMe to the library story time with us. We had a wonderful time full of Christmas stories, especially with my mom joining us. My mom and I took the boys out to run errands in the afternoon and she realized that running errands with these two is NO easy feat!!! (I'm so close to doing online grocery shopping-I think it may happen once busy season arrives!) Daddy finally arrived home for some playtime with his boys before bed!
Can you tell that someone wants to be like their Daddy???
We spent Thursday morning around the house catching up on things around the house. I had set up an appointment for Picture People, but I quickly realized that once Aiden woke up at 5:30 am and Andrew woke up in a fussy, sick mood...we better cancel!!! And that was a great idea because these two were tired, cranky, and just not ready to do much of anything. Thank goodness I had extra hands to help me with these two and around the house in the morning. After some very long afternoon naps, we headed to town for a little coffee, treats, and shopping. We ordered some pizza and waited for a very awesome surprise...Santa! (Andrew was SO tired that he headed to bed early and missed the whole surprise-I guess he will have to wait until next year before he meets Santa!)
Santa arrived in the police car and someone was very scared about the police coming to our house...
But Aiden quickly turned his spirits around once he realized Santa was here...
And decided Santa was his new best friend!
On Friday, we headed to a friend's house for a Christmas party playgroup! We made these awesome Christmas shirts, decorated frames, and iced cookies. It was a FUN and WILD morning. After playgroup, all of us took LONG naps before we had a low-key evening around the house! The boys just LOVE having MeMe around and have so much fun with her:)

An attempt at a play group shot...

Off to rest, but more posts to come...

No comments: