Sunday, March 4, 2012

We are still here:)...

It's been awhile since we have updated, but we are still here!!!! It's been a few crazy, busy, wild, and fun days since the 21st (our last post). Looking back at the last blog entry, I see that I was counting down the days until busy season ended. Chris' busy season ended with a LOT more work than expected (working from super early morning until VERY late night for several days) and I was definitely close to pulling my hair out by the end of it all. We went almost a whole week without seeing him ALL day long, but we somehow managed to survive and are looking forward to getting back to a more normal routine now that March has arrived and the busy season is done!!!!
We were blessed last weekend with a wonderful visit from one of my dearest college friends, Adrienne. We lived together for a couple years in college and she is one amazing person! I love hearing about where life has taken her, the awesome things she has done, and her positive outlook on life. She is one of the few people who understand the craziness that comes with moving all around in a short amount of time, similar to our journey in the past few years. She has lived in several different countries since graduating and is now getting her master's degree here in the Northeast! We are within five hours of each other and we finally found a time to get together before she embarks on another adventure when she completes her program this spring!!!
She arrived on Friday afternoon, right at nap time, giving us plenty of time to catch up before the boys woke up! I was looking forward to Chris arriving home early to take over the nighttime duties, but a sudden work duty popped up, and Adrienne and I were forced to head to the store to make dinner with the kids and she helped me with the kids' bath and bedtime! We finally collapsed on the couch with some good ole reality television:)
Chris headed into work again on Saturday so thank you Adrienne for being my second parent!!! We had to get out with the kids a little bit (as the boys and I have spent a lot of time together in our little house) so we took a nice walking trip to the library and downtown for some coffee/treats, even despite the nasty windy weather! We spent the afternoon playing around the house and as soon as Chris walked in the door around 7 pm-we jolted out for our night out on town!!!!
Adrienne headed out on Sunday, after a wonderful weekend, and I quickly turned gears to get ready for our big trip heading south to see my family!!!!!!!!! I worked on getting organized, running errands, and start our packing as we headed out on Tuesday. We also had a birthday party for one of our closest friends in the afternoon, which I discovered that my boys had a fear of clowns, which brought us to leave the party earlier than expected with a double meltdown occurrence...
We headed south on Tuesday morning and in my next post will give you some details on our adventure, but first I want to share these wonderful pictures that occurred before our travels...(I'm not sure why they are small, but these are all are from my phone so that's probably why!)

My Valentine's Present-Four Crumbs cupcakes, only the best!
We love to go to Burger King after library story time with several friends. Since I put Andrew in the highchair, our big boy decided he wants one too (even if he hasn't sat in one for almost a year!)
Not sure what he was thinking here...
Having fun in the Cozy Coupe at the jump house...
Can you find Aiden? (Hint, he is not the tallest:))
Driving the bus, looking forward to spring weather finally!
Super Why...
Our bookworm...
I'm trying so hard to teach him how to steer this...
Having fun with our toys...

No comments: