Sunday, September 4, 2011

My Little Fashion Man...

It has been quite a whirlwind in this household the past few weeks. Someone is really interested in clothes, clothes, and clothes:) Aiden has decided that getting dressed is one of his favorite things to do...and chooses to do it at least five times a day:) Let's just say that I find Aiden's clothes all around the house throughout the day. I am trying to embrace the independence and let my patience take over when I end up picking up a shirt for the tenth time before 10 am. The other day when he wanted to change again for the second time at 8 am after walking the dogs, I discussed how we could have one outfit for the morning and one for the afternoon. He looks at me straight in the eyes and says, "But Mommy this is my walking shirt. Now I need my play shirt on." How could I argue with that logical reasoning?

I am proud of our boy as at least 80 percent of the time, he can get himself completely dressed with his underwear on in the right direction, shorts/pants on correctly, and the shirt is got the design on the front. He often likes to accessorize with shoes, socks, and hats! He wears a diaper for naps and night time and even will put that on correctly by himself. I guess it's time to phase those out soon!

Sometimes, when he goes in his room for nap, I hear him rumbling through his closet. When I walk in to get him at the end of nap, he is wearing layers of shirts and sweaters are piled at the end of his bed! Again, patience, patience, patience for this very organized mommy:)
Here are a few pictures of the many outfits of the week:

Surfer shirt, shorts with puppies on them, and his Santa slippers!
Thomas hat, blue polo shirt on backwards, jeans, socks, and his Crocs! (I know...a fashion no-no at two years old!)
Striped polo shirt, overalls, and Santa slippers!

I can tell you that some of his favorite things to wear right now are pants/shorts with pockets (his absolute favorites are his jean shorts), polo shirts with buttons, his baseball Life Is Good shirt and his soccer shirt, his Santa slippers, baseball hats, his moose shirt, train socks, and his flip-flops (that are too big hand-me-downs which can make for some long walks when they keep popping off).

Now, I'm off to go wake him up and get him dressed again for a BBQ tonight. I wonder what he wants to wear?!?!?

No comments: