Thursday, December 16, 2010

Andrew at 2 Weeks:)

Andrew has already hit the 2 week mark and is approaching his 3 week birthday this weekend:) But since we have a big 2nd birthday to celebrate this weekend, I decided to dedicate this post to life with Andrew.
Our little boy is a wonderful addition to our family. He is an easy baby who just loves to cuddle. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to be held and I would hold him all day if I could, but chasing around a two year old doesn't always allow it. Thankfully, we have had grandparents around to help with one or another so once everyone returns home, I have a feeling that the Baby Bjorn will become one of my best friends.
Andrew has passed his birth weight and at his check-up today, he weighed 6 pounds, 15 ounces. He nurses about every three hours and will sometimes go an extra hour at nighttime or if he takes a long nap. We just introduced the bottle yesterday and he took it really well so hopefully we can get into a routine where Chris can take on a night feeding so I can get to bed earlier and try to get more than a couple hours of sleep at a time.
Andrew sleeps like a champ for a newborn. He loves to be swaddled just like his brother did and goes to bed after a night feeding at 10-11:30 and wakes up twice in the night before the morning arrives. Sometimes after his middle of the night feeding, he is awake for awhile just taking in the night sights! I rock and cuddle him until he finally falls asleep struggling to stay awake myself:) The hardest part about having a second is the early morning feedings. Sometimes, I wake up around 4:30 and feed Andrew for the next 30-40 minutes. Then, once I finally get him asleep, Aiden will wake up and need to be consoled back to sleep and then Chris' alarm clock goes off to get ready for work and then Aiden is up again for good. So the last few hours of the nighttime are just a blur of no sleep for me:) I'm looking forward to Chris taking on a feeding so I can get to bed earlier and get a few more hours of quality rest.
Andrew has started tummy time, which his brother loves to do with him! He also enjoys a few hours in the swing every day. On the other hand, he does NOT love his bath or diaper changes:) He screams like crazy at bathtime-it's no fun at all:) We have started taking Andrew out and about a few times and he has been an excellent companion. We have done some Christmas shopping, gone to the doctor, and ran other errands and most of the time, he sleeps for the entire outing. Although he did wake up the other day screaming for food in the middle of the mall-YIKES!
Here are some pictures of Andrew for all to enjoy! In the first pictures, we feature sleepy Andrew in several different positions:




Mommy, Please stop taking pictures of me!!!:
Look who is finally awake:
Enjoying the swing:
Just chilling on the bed with Mommy:
And going on a ride with my brother, Aiden:

We are looking forward to a fun and busy weekend with the Ruff family:) This morning, my brother and dad arrived with more family to come tomorrow!!! Off to try to get a few moments of rest...:)

No comments: